I’m very excited to announce that I’ve been nominated for my first ever blogging award by Matt over at Matt-in-the-Hat. He’s a great blogger with some really thoughtful and interesting posts on anime, manga and video games: I highly recommend you go and check him out!
The rules of the award are as follows:
- Display the award logo on your blog.
- List the Rules.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well.
- Tell your readers three things about yourself.
- Answer five questions from the nominee.
- Nominate anywhere from ten to twenty bloggers.
- Notify the bloggers by leaving a comment on their blog.
- Ask your nominees any five questions of your choice, including one weird or funny question.
- Share the link to your best post.
The creator of this award is Okoto Enigma who gave it this description:
‘“Mystery Blogger Award” is an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging; and they do it with so much love and passion.’
First thing to do is to tell you three things about myself:
- I’m currently an MA student studying Medieval Studies which should actually be called an intensive Latin course.
- I’m over 6ft tall but am still shorter than five of my eight cousins.
- When I’m not watching or blogging about anime or studying the medieval world, I work in a bookshop.
1.If you were in a story, would you like to be a good guy or a bad guy?
Unfortunately, I’m going to be boring here and say I’d be a good guy. In games where I get choices I always take the good route, I never tried to kill my Sims of for fun and I always want the heroes to win – I’ve really got no choice!
2. Are you a night owl or an early bird?
Early bird. Occasionally, I’m up late into the night, but I hate feeling like I’ve wasted the day time by getting up later. Plus my course means I’m in uni early 4 days a week.
3. What is one movie you feel is a guilty pleasure?
Hmm difficult question. It’s rare that I feel guilty about watching stuff, but I guess if it was a case of standing up in front of a crowd… the original Pokémon movie. Timeless and brilliant obviously, but I know I wouldn’t want to profess that to everyone haha.
4. What’s your favourite superhero?
You’ve set me up to follow on my question one here Matt. I think I’m going to go for Professor X. He’s incredibly intelligent (and you can include telekinesis in there as well) and has everyone’s best interest at heart. Sometimes he doesn’t get things quite right in terms of decision making but he always has everyone else’s best interest at heart – great guy and an awesome power too!
5. What would you rather have, wings and fly anywhere or the power to rewind time?
Good question. They would both useful to have, but I’d probably go with rewind time just because if I wanted (and had the money) I could fly anywhere through machines at the moment, but there’s no way to rewind time.
For my best blog post I’m going to point you towards my look at coping mechanisms in School-Live (I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again – watch the first episode before you read this!)
5 questions for my nominees
- If you were going to blog about something unrelated to your blog at the moment, what would it be?
- Where would you most like to live in the world?
- If you discovered a planet what would you name it?
- What’s your favourite thing that you wish more people knew about?
- For my weird/funny question: What’s your favourite word written out in alphabetical order? (so alphabet would be aabehlpt)
My 10 Nominees
- The Otaku Judge
- Lethargic Ramblings
- All Hail Haruhi
- Weekend Otaku
For the first time ever I’m hoping the WordPress ping back feature works properly…